Toddler’s Socialization and Early Childhood Educations’ significanceLalya | October 22, 2019 | 0 | Education & Training
We, humans, have been practicing social interaction from the moment we were born. Thus, socialization plays a significant role in the child’s maturity. Parents have been sending their toddlers to a baby day care center to learn a healthy way of socialization. See more at child care centres in sunshine coast.
What is socialization?
It’s when an individual acquires the norms, values, and roles of the society. Socialization can be everywhere – family, school, workplace, community or in children, in a baby day care center is considered as one avenue.
What is the process of socialization?
As a parent or a guardian, for you to get to know socialization, it’s essential to figure out the life processes of socialization and where your children belong.
1. Primary socialization – This stage begins from birth until adolescence. It’s when a child adapts to the values, roles, attitude, culture of a certain society he/she is exposed to.
This where your children belong. These years are important in molding your child’s character and attitude. It’s when a parent’s responsibility on what environment should you expose your toddlers.
2. Secondary Socialization – This socialization is particularly for matured individuals. It’s when an appropriate behavior should be acquired depending on the group he/she belongs to. For example, if you are applying for a specific job in a corporate set up, as an individual you should know how to behave as a corporate employee – learning its vision, mission, objectives, etc.
Importance of Early childhood education in a child’s socialization
The children’s early years are crucial and have a massive factor in their adulthood. To become a healthy, mature and fully molded individual in the future, attending a baby day care center would be a big help in honing a child’s physical, emotional, intellectual and social skills.
According to research, children are more likely to absorb learning fast because of their neural development – Exuberant Synaptogenesis, a period wherein children’s synaptic connections are doubled compared to the adult’s. However, when a child grows into adulthood, it goes back to normal. This is the reason why in these early stages enrolling your child in early childhood education and care program is a big advantage.
As a parent, this question should be running in your mind right now, “Are there any daycare centers near me that I can easily enroll my child with?” Yes, of course! There a lot of Early Childhood Education and care schools all over Australia.
Things to consider in choosing the best Early Childhood Education Center
• VACANCY – It’s essential to know the early learning day care vacancy of a center. An overpopulated center should be a big NO. Your kids deserve a conducive set up for development.
• RELIABILITY – A facility that has a name and has been established for a very long time is considered reliable.
• ACCREDITATION – “Does this child day care near me accredited by ACECQA (Australian’s Children Education and Care Quality Authority?” This query should be running in your mind as a parent. If it’s ACECQA Accredited, therefore, the facility is safe for your kids.
• PROGRAMS – Before enrolling your kids to a specific center, it’s safe to get to know the programs they offer.